Import project from repository by URL (FREE)
- At least the Maintainer role on the destination group to import to. Using the Developer role for this purpose was deprecated in GitLab 15.8 and will be removed in GitLab 16.0.
You can import your existing repositories by providing the Git URL:
- In GitLab, on the top bar, select Main menu > Projects > View all projects.
- On the right of the page, select New project.
- Select the Import project tab.
- Select Repository by URL.
- Enter a Git repository URL.
- Complete the remaining fields.
- Select Create project.
Your newly created project is displayed.
Automate group and project import (PREMIUM)
For information on automating user, group, and project import API calls, see Automate group and project import.